The REALTOR® Difference
Every Realtor® is a real estate agent, but not every agent is a Realtor® — and the difference is considerable.
Realtors®, who are all licensed real estate agents, represent some of the most knowledgeable, successful, and trustworthy professionals in their industry. Realtors® subscribe to a strictly enforced Code of Ethics that promotes the fair, ethical, and honest treatment of all parties in a real estate transaction. Agents who are not Realtors® are not bound to these same ethical practices and principles set forth in the Realtor® Code.
A home is an important investment, and likely the LARGEST purchase you will make in your lifetime. Buying one can be a complex process, and selling your home requires skill and diligence. With a Realtor® you get professional expertise, local knowledge, the most accurate information and someone who knows the important steps to go from "Sale" to "Sold."
In addition, Realtors®:
- Are members of the National Association of Realtors®, the largest trade association and one of the most powerful lobbying groups in North America.
- Have a vast array of services and resources at their disposal for use within their businesses.
- Are able to bring unmatched value by helping sellers effectively price and sell their homes.
- Have access to the most comprehensive and up-to-date housing statistics available, which can help buyers and sellers navigate the market and determine a plan of action.
- Are current with any and all updates to laws, contacts, and practices related to real estate.
- Have a unique understanding of local communities, and their experience has helped them successfully work in competitive markets.
- Serve as an experienced guide who can navigate you through the process of negotiations, lengthy documents and accepting or declining offers.